[Additional] Reading material for 1z0-061 Oracle Database 12c SQL Fundamentals test. Please click on the Chapter title.
Chapter 1: Introducing Oracle Database 12c RDBMS introduces you to the features of Oracle Database 12c and the aspects of relational database.
- 1.1 Describe the features of Oracle Database 12c
- 1.2 Describe the salient features of Oracle Cloud 12c
- 1.3 Explain the theoretical and physical aspects of relational database
- 1.4 Describe Oracle server’s implementation of RDBMS and object relational database management system (ORDBMS)
Chapter 2: Introducing SQL introduces you to writing simple queries using SELECT statement. It also introduces you to filtering and sorting data.
- 2 Retrieving Data Using the SQL SELECT Statement
- 2.1 Explain the capabilities of SQL SELECT statements
- 2.2 Execute a basic SELECT statement
- 3 Restricting and Sorting Data
- 3.1 Limit the rows that are retrieved by a query
- 3.2 Sort the rows that are retrieved by a query
- 3.2 Use ampersand substitution to restrict and sort output at runtime
Chapter 3: Using Single-Row Functions discusses the single-row functions and conversion functions available, with details on how and where to use them.
- 4 Using Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
- 4.1 Describe various types of functions available in SQL
- 4.2 Use character, number, and date functions in SELECT statements
- 5 Using Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
- 5.1 Describe various types of conversion functions that are available in SQL
- 5.2 Use the TO_CHAR, TO_NUMBER, and TO_DATE conversion functions
- 5.3 Apply conditional expressions in a SELECT statement
Chapter 4: Using Group Functions explains data aggregations, Oracle’s built-in group function, and nesting of functions.
- 6 Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions
- 6.1 Identify the available group functions
- 6.2 Describe the use of group functions
- 6.3 Group data by using the GROUP BY clause
- 6.4 Include or exclude grouped rows by using the HAVING clause
Chapter 5: Using Joins and Subqueries explains how data from multiple tables can be related via joins, subquries. and by using SET operators.
- 7 Displaying Data from Multiple Tables Using Joins
- 7.1 Write SELECT statements to access data from more than one table using equijoins and nonequijoins
- 7.2 Join a table to itself by using a self-join
- 7.3 View data that generally does not meet a join condition by using OUTER joins
- 7.4 Generate a Cartesian product of all rows from two or more tables
- 8 Using Subqueries to Solve Queries
- 8.1 Define subqueries
- 8.2 Describe the types of problems that the subqueries can solve
- 8.3 Describe the types of subqueries
- 8.4 Write single-row and multiple-row subqueries
- 8.5 Using the SET operators
- 8.6 Describe set operators
- 8.7, Use a set operator to combine multiple queries into a single query
- 8.8 Control the order of rows returned
Chapter 6: Manipulating Data explores how to manipulate data – adding, removing, and updating data. The chapter also covers how transaction control works.
- 9 Managing Tables Using DML Statements
- 9.1 Truncate data
- 9.2 Insert rows into a table
- 9.3 Update rows in a table
- 9.4 Delete rows from a table
- 9.5 Control transaction
Chapter 7: Creating Tables and Constraints explains how to create and manage tables and constraints. It also discusses the various data types available in Oracle Database 12c to store data.
- 10 Introduction to Data Definition Language
- 10.1 Categorize the main database objects
- 10.2 Explain the table structure
- 10.3 Describe the data types that are available for columns
- 10.4 Create a simple table
- 10.5 Explain how constraints are created at the time of table creation
- 10.6 Describe how schema objects work
[amazon template=banner easy&asin=111864395X]
7 Replies to “1Z0-061: Oracle Database 12c: SQL Fundamentals”