A new pre-built VirtualBox image is available for download from OTN (updated on March 27, 2017).
Once you download, import and configure the VM, you can pretty much do whatever you want. But Roy and Mike have put together a very good lab environment and exercise for you to practice Oracle database upgrade from 11gR2 to 12cR2. The lab includes
- Manual upgrade of 22.214.171.124 database to 126.96.36.199
- Attach 12c non-container database as a PDB to existing 188.8.131.52 CDB
- Upgrade 184.108.40.206 database using Full Transportable Export/Import to 220.127.116.11 as a PDB
- Upgrade 18.104.22.168 PDB to 22.214.171.124 using unplug / plug method
The pre-built VM comes with Oracle software already installed.
- 11gR2 126.96.36.199 – /u01/app/oracle/product/188.8.131.52
- 12cR1 184.108.40.206 – /u01/app/oracle/product/220.127.116.11
- 12cR2 18.104.22.168 – /u01/app/oracle/product/22.214.171.124
Practice upgrades, new features, patches, PSU, migration using this VirtualBox image.
Thanks to Mike Dietrich and Roy Swonger!